Tour De Fleece 2017

I'm a little behind the times, but *finally* ready to share my (small) output for this year's Tour de Fleece. I started with one braid of Malabrigo Nube in the whales road colourway...

...and ended with about 260 metres of dk - aran-ish chain plied yarn. The pink is about 50 metres of mystery fibre, from a Hedgehog Fibres itty bitty fibre bag, spun about a year ago & finally plied. 

The nube fibre was very compacted (by dye process, or being packed tightly for transport) and needed quite a bit of pre-drafting before spinning. I attempted spinning from the fold to have a semi-woollen finished yarn, but my drafting techniques were about as consistent as the Irish Weather. I have also discovered that the Smallest Human of the house enjoys watching things that spin, including the wheel, & ceiling fans at my LYS. 

Eventually, when I get around to spinning a complementary yarn, I hope to knit a shawl with the Nube. I think the bright pink yarn will become something scrappy.




Comments

Popular Posts