Baby-wearing Blanket

 I've been a busy bee over the weekend, completing a few projects that have been on the go a while. I have also managed to publish this pattern over the weekend; a baby-wearing blanket intended for use over a soft structured carrier. The blanket buttons on to my coat, and can easily be removed or replaced without disturbing baby - handy when ducking on & off warm public transport in the cool weather.

It is knit in aran-weight yarn. The main section is knit in Fisherman's ribbing, resulting in a very stretchy, cushy fabric that will stretch to accommodate growing baby. The moss stitch button bands offer some structure for holding it in place over a coat. 

The pattern also includes instructions for fixing the blanket directly to the carrier, so that it can be used with a zipped jacket, or an extra weather proof layer, or for back carries.
One step closer to ensuring my child is covered by wool at all times!


EDIT: because I am a little forgetful & didn't think to mention the yarn the first time!
I used 4 balls of King Cole Merino Blend Aran for this project with just a couple of grammes left over.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts