Nesting

I'm anticipating a new arrival, and seem to think that the only way to prepare for this small human is to knit all the things. I would usually stick to 6 months plus when knitting for other people's babies, as they grow so quickly, but have made a few cardigans intended to be suitable up to about 3 months for my own.

Pattern; Linnie by Justyna Lorkowska
Yarn; main colour - Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino
contrast colour; Schoppel Wolle Zauberball, plied before use
Buttons; from Hickeys Fabrics
Modifications; I cast on using the MC before changing to the contrast; I increased by an extra 8 stitches before separating for sleeves. Instead of making the button holes as part of the main garment, I knit on button bands afterwards. I did not use the contrast colour at the cuffs or end of cardigan as written in the pattern.

Pattern; Tomten by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino
Buttons; from Hickeys Fabrics
Modifications; I knit this in 'sport' weight tension rather than the DK weight tension recommended in the pattern, with the aim of making a garment suitable for approx 3 month old size. I added extra length to the hood, by knitting an extra 8 garter ridges. I picked up & knit stitches all around the edges & knit for 2 garter ridges in the main yarn; then one garter ridge in the contrast colour, and then finished the garment with icord bind off & icord button holes.

Pattern; Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino
Buttons; from stash
Modifications; I added an icord edging around the neck & front of the cardigan

Comments

Popular Posts