Knitmas pt 1 - making Knitmas

While planning for the following projects, I may have been imagining a knitting & textile themed version of this song.

This year, I used the Irish-based Knitmas gift swap on Twitter as an excuse to exercise my sewing muscles. I've been intending to make some bunting for a while.

I used a pattern from 'Quilting in No Time' as a basis, and enjoyed making the bunting, but vow I will never again do anything as unnecessarily fiddley as turning in the raw edges for bunting. I do enjoy sewing but sometimes find it frustrating that I seem to spend ten times as long pressing the fabric as sewing or cutting it. In spite of this I have intentions to make more bunting.


I also used this as a perfect opportunity to make a new project bag, based on this tutorial. I enjoyed matching the fabrics & would love to make more similar bags, eventually, when the 48 hour day kicks in....


Of course the bunting didn't quite fill the project bag so I had to fill it up with some yarn, a wee knitted duck, some notions and some sweet treats. Hopefully the recipient feels just a bit spoiled



Comments

Popular Posts