Fund raising

As previously mentioned, I will be taking part in the Flora Women's Mini Marathon this year, to raise money for the Irish Cancer Society. I don't know a single person who hasn't been somehow affected by cancer & want to do something positive, instead of feeling so bloody helpless every time that particular c-word is mentioned.

As part of the fund raising effort, I have organised a bake sale in work. I have also started a fund raising page here and am requesting any loose change to fill up my begging bowl.
As part of the fund raising effort I will be announcing a yarn sale, to rehome some of my handspun yarn & some neglected gems from the stash.

(bet that got your attention?)

I'm both intimidated and excited by all of this as I've never done anything like this before. I'm also finding it difficult to concentrate on some real-life perspective, with all the nonsense that is currently going on in my workplace. I don't raise funds; I don't talk to people unless I have to; I don't do much for other people & most of all I don't exercise.

So here's to change. Changing my own attitude; changing my behaviour & collecting up your loose change. Hopefully changing myself will help make a difference to someone who really needs it.

Comments

Popular Posts