Doodles

In the past few months I have been doodling again. In my previous life as an art & design student it was something I did every day in every spare moment, but up until very recently I had been lacking in motivation. A couple of months ago I was asked to do some design work...
 ... And this week, I got to see a finished object based on my doodles; these shawl pins were delivered to This is Knit, made by NovaSteel & designed by yours truly.
The design was inspired by the annular & penannular brooches in the National Museum of Ireland - for example, the Tara Brooch - though it's been simplified both to suit modern tastes & the materials. Besides, no knitter would want their beautiful lace shawl outshone by a piece of jewellery! I am delighted with the finished piece; it looks even better than I had imagined. More than anything, I am honoured that the lovely Lisa from This is Knit put her faith in my doodle abilities when commissioning this design. It's given me a boost & I have since been experimenting on paper for some knitted designs... watch this space!

Comments

  1. I love your pins! I must buy one from TIK. Are you now embarking on a Father Ted Wallpaper-themed design? I do hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And yes to Father Ted. Or at least that's the plan... I think everywhere should have at least a hint of the Ted-style decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to ask the same question...Beautiful pin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts