Finished Objects - baby stuff.

The last baby stuff for this year!!! I specify this year because there are already two babies due next year in my 'to-knit-for' list. I have been knitting most of these over the last few months but couldn't post until the gifts had been given.

 Pattern; Lil devil baby hat by Kitty Schmidt
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK
This is the second time I have knit this pattern. It seems highly appropriate for baby girls with rocker parents; cute and a little bit mischievous.

Pattern; Tomten by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK
Needles; 4mm
Buttons from the Trim Wool Shop
I've added an applied icord edging in contrast colour & icord button loops. I really should have measured this before giving it over to the wee child. It's a bit roomy on the wee 15 month old in my life; she is currently wearing 9 − 12 months sized commercial clothes. She's also quite slim for a little toddler. It should keep her snug in the cold winter. Because of the garter stitch it will stretch to fit her as she grows.

 Pattern; Baby sweater on two needles by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Yarn; Cashmerino DK
Needles; 4mm
Buttons from Studio 54 in Blackrock
This will accompany the little pink baby devil hat, even though they are completely mismatched.

 Pattern; Devils Cap (purl free) by Irene Birk
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK in 2 colours
Needles; 3.5 mm
This is more of a formula than an exact pattern; a little bit of sums based on your tension & head size.
I made this in a 1 − 2 years size at a tension of 22 st per 10 cm. I thought this looked very big for my favourite little toddler but it's just a little roomy - perfect for some growing room. She still won't leave it on her head, but at least it can be tied on when the weather turns cold!

Pattern; Offset Wraplan by Sara Morris
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK
Needles; 3.5 mm
Buttons from Studio 54 in Blackrock - I love these buttons; they look like wee smarties
Hat; made-up

This was my second time to knit this wraplan pattern; this time I separated the 2 fronts & back sections to allow for equal numbers of stitches in the front & back of the garment. I still think the garment looks rather short compared to its with so will probably make this again, longer.

That's it; no more newborn baby knits this year. I think I've knit for 9 babies this year. I may have lost track slightly. And I have already decided that there will be no knitted gifts for C******** (I refuse to type that whole word before December 1st). For now, I knit, spin & sew whatever I feel like, with no deadlines!

Comments

Popular Posts