Making Many Mittens & other things with faces.

I haven't kept my writings up to date over Christmas, probably because I was too busy trying to get things done. This is the third year I have knit gifts for Christmas, and I have definitely noticed recurring themes. In 2008 I knit cowls, in 2009 I knit socks, and in 2010 I knit mittens. Many mittens.
These were for me! Fingerless gloves are just not good enough in the snow.
Pattern; very modified London Eye Glittens, because I wanted a quick knit.
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Fez, which was bought over a year ago. The yarn has fuzzed & pilled a lot in just a couple weeks wear so I would not recommend it.
These were for the other half's little sister. One of those teenagers who doesn't consider the cold, & is content to go outside in a large hoodie in snow & sub-zero temperatures. I've gotten into the habit of rubbing her hands when she comes back in, while giving out!
Pattern; Intercostal Mitts
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran - a safe yarn!
These were for my grandfather; he has poor circulation & his hands are often cold.
Pattern; London Eye Glittens with just a little modification (no mitten-flap).
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran
And I still have a pair of gloves to make for another teenager in my life; birthday in February!
I also had fun making some toys. I do enjoy using up scraps of acrylic from my past knitting life BNF (before natural fibres).
Grumpasaurus, for A, to remind her of me! Knit in Aran weight. A suspects he is grumpy because his little arms cannot even scratch his nose.
Sophie, knit for my wee sortof-niece. She's at the age where anything she can put in her mouth is good, so this was knit in a non-fluffy acrylic.
And Grumpy the Lump of Coal; knit in acrylic at a tight tension, with no felting as recommended in the pattern. Because no matter how old you are, you never get over the sibling rivalry, & you know your brother will see the funny side of a lump of coal for Christmas.
It was a pleasant, relaxing Christmas; I think all the knit gifts were happily received & I got some lovely things in return... Malabrigo laceweight. I have trained 'the fella' well.
Of course I've already planned many knit things to keep me going for the new year. There are birthdays, and mother's day and...

Comments

  1. I <3 it all. You need to start making small grumpy stuff to keep for yourself so we can meet them, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts